"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving." - Lao Tzu
I grew up in a family who loves out of town trips, going to the beach, and having picnics. As a child, I was never afraid of far, unfamiliar places, vast oceans, or sleeping on tents and shores. Back then, I realized that traveling is one thing I want to do for the rest of my life. I want to set foot to new places, experience different cultures, eat my heart out, and live my life as an awesome journey and an endless adventure. As cliche as all of these may sound, but yes, that’s one dream I realized I’m never going to give up.
In my 22 years of life, I’ve been to different places, ate different types of food, took tons of photos, and met a lot of new people along the way. Each journey always reminded me of a fun memory. More than the destination itself, it is actually the journey that makes each of my trips unique and memorable.
There are probably a long list of reasons why I love traveling. But let me give you 10 reasons that made me fall in love with this.
1. Traveling makes my heart beat. Traveling always gives me that anxious and giddy feeling at the same time. It is the feeling of going on a field trip wherein you can’t sleep the night before because of excitement, or that feeling of anticipation while making your first step on foreign ground. Traveling, like heartbeat, fuels my life. It makes me want to wake up each day planning on where to go and what to see next.
2. Traveling means getting lost. No matter how many maps you’ve brought, getting lost is inevitable. Maybe it’s not the best thing that may happen to you on a trip, but most of the time, getting lost gives you the opportunity to explore new places. Who knows what you might find by making that wrong turn? The rule is, ‘never be afraid of getting lost.’
3. Traveling is like love. Like love, it is exciting. Like love, it can be scary. Like love, it can give you eternal happiness, it can make you cry, it can make you feel all sorts of emotions. It can keep you awake at night, drive you insane, and make you think about it for minutes, hours, and days. Like love, it can be the best feeling in the world!
4. Traveling is an experience. Traveling is not merely taking photos on historic places nor buying souvenirs and t-shirts. Traveling is an experience, a great adventure. It not only gives you memories but somehow, it gives you a feeling that you are living a life and not merely existing.
5. Traveling is all about the journey. The journey is the most important part of any travel experience. It is where things and memories do happen. The journey may include talking to your plane seatmate for 2 hours while sharing different travel experiences or accidentally bumping into someone you know and going to your destination together or singing along to awesome songs while killing time on a long journey on the road. As much as I’m always excited to arrive at my destination, I always cherish those small talks and interactions.
6. Traveling is like magic. It is like in the fairy tale where you can go to majestic, dreamy places. It gives you an opportunity to be Alice with the world as your own wonderland. Fairy tales like these do come true.
7. Traveling is learning. Traveling is one of the best teachers in the world. It teaches you things you have never imagined you can do. It teaches you the most important life lessons. It makes you see a world beyond what you have imagined. It makes you a wiser person and gives you a whole new perspective and outlook in life.
8. Traveling keeps my sanity. Traveling makes me forget all the hustles and setbacks of life. For that short time, I can forget all my worries and problems. I also grab this opportunity to have some fresh air, to recharge, and to reflect on my life.
9. Traveling is conquering. Whether you are afraid of heights, swimming in the water, or eating an exotic food, you conquer these fears by going out to the wild. I’m sure you wouldn’t mind trading those fears for the greatest views and experiences in the world.
10. Traveling reminds me of how fun life is. 'Nuff said.
This love for traveling is the reason why I decided to make this online travel diary. I want to keep track on the places I’ve been to. Aside from that, I want to share my travel experiences, adventures, mishaps, and gastronomic experiences. For me, traveling does not simply mean going to far places rather, it means setting foot to a place I’ve never been to while having the time of my life. Eat. Pray. Love. Travel.
Gingerbread Latte (P 100.00)
Salted Caramel Blended Coffee
Mystic Brew Cafe and Curious
511 Capitoline Hill St., BF Resort Village, Las Piñas City
Sunday-Monday, Wednesday-Thursday 11 am–12 am
Friday-Saturday 11 am–2 am
*Closed on Tuesdays
How do you know you are in love?
It’s not the tingling or electric feeling nor is it the ‘I can’t sleep at night thinking about that person’ syndrome. More often, it’s just something that will come unexpectedly and next thing I know, I see that person differently. He shines brighter than everyone else.
Some of my favorite nature shots.
“I love everything about her, and I’m not a guy who says that lightly. I’m a guy who has faked love his entire life. I thought love was just something idiots thought they felt, but this woman has a hold on my heart that I could not break if I wanted to. And there have been times that I wanted to. It has been overwhelming and humbling and even painful at times. But I could not stop loving her any more than I could stop breathing. I am hopelessly, irretrievably in love with her. More than she knows.”
- Barney Stinson
Sweetest TV line ever. Oh, Barney!